Pages

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Add to Technorati Favorites

SEARCH THE WEB HERE:

Custom Search

Followers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mañanita Song

Today is someone's birthday.. We had our first and final rehearsal last night for this morning's mañanita... we had fun practicing and discussing about last minute preps--- hahaha.. everything is on a rush... I wonder how it will be hours from now... I am no longer sleeping as it would only make me miss this family activity ---- more pictures later... for now, here is a slide show of what we did during our rehearsal...





Hope you liked the slide...

By the way, below is the lyrics for the Mañanita Song...

How beautiful is the morning
As we come to waken you
With God’s early morning blessing
With pleasure we sing to you.

On the day that you were born
All the flowers came into bloom
And at the baptismal font
All the saints broke forth in song

Refrain
The dawn is now appearing
The rays of the sun break through
Arise, early this bright morning
As we sing hello to you.

How I wish I were St Peter
How I wish I were St Anne
As we bring this salutation
In the very early morn

With a bouquet of carnations
We have come to sing our song
To make your day full of color
So that you may carry on.

Refrain 2
We wish you happy birthday,
Today and the years to come
God bless you now and forever
May your dreams come true dear one…

How I wish I could get you two
One to tell you ‘Good Morning!
And the other to bid you ‘Adieu!

[Refrain 2]

1 comment:

Don Kishote said...

THANKS for posting the lyrics.

do you have the other mananita songs please?

thanks.